Your construction and mining equipment brake system
spare parts for the brake systems of the main brands in the market
It is one of the most important systems within construction and mining equipment, as it is responsible for stopping or reducing the movement of your machine, determining to a greater or lesser extent the security with which you count in front of an unexpected situation
In the braking process the energy generated by movement is transformed into heat by the friction between the brakes, thus, we consider the brakes to be energy extractors and between the most used we can identify drum brakes, band brakes or disc brakes.
Which types of brake systems may we find in construction equipment?
Within the variety of brake types indicated above, we can identify the following:
- Band brakes: The operation of this type of brakes is simple, a flexible band presses the shoes which make pressure over the rotating drum anchored to the shaft which is intended to be stopped.
- Drum brakes: This type of brakes generating their braking effect through the friction of braking pads against the rotating drums, it is a relatively old type of braking, and they are relatively little used.
- Disc brakes: This type of brake reduces the speed of a single wheel, individually. The disc is usually made of steel and it is anchored to the wheel or axle.
- Wet multi disc brakes: It is a fairly standardized system in agricultural machinery. The braking assembly is assembled on both sides of the final drive housing, inside the wheel hub and in the planetary control.
- Hydraulic brakes: By means of a liquid inside the braking system, a pressure on the brake pads is made towards the inside of the wheel cylinders, so the pistons are pushed out.
- Dynamic and retarder brakes: It is generally used in trucks to control their speed progressively without generally reaching a stop. It is used reduce the speed of this type of vehicle on very steep slopes, with the amount of braking being controlled by the driver by pressing the retarder pedal.
We have the brake system spare parts that your equipment needs
In Blumaq we offer you the best quality spare parts for construction and mining machinery in the market, with a wide stock so that your machine is down the least time possible. Among this wide range of products in stock, we offer you spare parts for the brake groups of the main brands in the market, such as Blumaq brand alternative spare parts for Volvo, Caterpillar, Komatsu and Case applications among many others.
Blumaq is a guarantee of quality.